Executive Research Board Member
Roderick "Bo" Rochester, D.C.
Roderic P. Rochester, D.C. is licensed in the states of Georgia and Alabama as a Doctor of Chiropractic and has been in private practice since August of 1986. He is on the Board of Directors for the Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology, serving as past Secretary twice, Past President and current board member. The Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology is a nonprofit teaching organization, founded in 1977. Dr. Rochester teaches and certifies doctors in the Orthospinology Procedure of gentle spinal care. He is a member and served on the founding Board of Directors for the Academy of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Organizations (AUCCO), a nonprofit research and education organization. He lectures each year at several seminars on research and patient care and is a published author in peer reviewed, indexed, research journals.
- Board of Directors 1989- 2009, Secretary 1995-96, President 1996-98, Secretary 1998 - 2007 The Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology
- The Academy of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Organizations
- International Chiropractic Association, Director Upper Cervical Council 2009 - present
- Member of the Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology 1986 - present
Research and Publications
- Eriksen K, Rochester RP, Hurwitz EL. Symptomatic reactions, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction associated with upper cervical chiropractic care: a prospective, multicenter, cohort study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011 Oct 5;12:219. doi: 10.1186/1471-2474-12-219.
- 2008 – Research: “Neck Pain and Disability Outcomes following Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care” Accepted for publication in the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association (JCCA).
- 2007 Co-Authored College Text: “Orthospinology Procedures, An evidence-Based Approach to Spinal Care”.
- Peer Reviewed Multiple Chiropractic Texts for Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins
- Peer Reviewed "Upper Cervical Subluxation Complex" by Dr. Kirk Eriksen 1997 – 2000
- Postgraduate instruction for The Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology at Life University and Sherman College
- Created and published the first official Web site for The Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology (www.orthospinology.org), 1997
- Presented research on "Three Dimensional X-ray Distortion Analysis" at Life University, in 1997.
- 1995, awarded "Researcher of the Year" by the Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology
- 1995, Research: Conducted and co-authored research entitled: "Patient Placement Error In Rotation and Its Affect On The Upper Cervical Measuring System"; published in the peer reviewed journal: "Chiropractic Research Journal"
- 1994, founding Board of Directors member of the Academy of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Organizations (AUCCO)
- 1994, Research: Conducted and authored research entitled: "Inter and Intra - Examiner Reliability of the Upper Cervical X-ray Marking System: A Third and Expanded Look"; published in the peer reviewed journal: "Chiropractic Research Journal"
- 1993, Digital X-ray Analysis: Designer and developer of "The DOC!", a computer assisted x-ray analysis digitizer. Copies have been sold in Korea, Canada and the United States.
- 1985 to 1986, Research: Participated in research, coordinated by James E. McAlpine, D.C., that was published in "Today's Chiropractic," April 1986
- Established The Rochester Chiropractic Spine Center 1986
- 1984 to 1988, research and study in the field, under Thomas W. Burnett, D.C., Union City, Georgia
Chiropractic Spine Center of North Georgia
475 S. Washington Street, Suite C
Clarkesville, GA 30523
706. 839.1006 (fax)