Executive Research Board Member
Download CV as PDF
Kirk Eriksen, D.C.
Kirk Eriksen, D.C. has been on the Executive Board of Directors for the Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology since 1994. He is on the editorial review board for the Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research. Dr. Eriksen is a renowned lecturer and who has taught doctors all across the U.S. as well as in Europe and Central America.
He has published several research studies and has authored two landmark textbooks—Upper Cervical Subluxation Complex: A Review of the Chiropractic and Medical Literature and Orthospinology Procedures: An Evidence-Based Approach to Spinal Care, which were both published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- 1997—Chiropractor of the Year (Alabama Chiropractic Council)
- 2004—Chiropractor of the Year (Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology)
- 2006—Researcher of the Year (World Chiropractic Alliance)
- 2010—Dr. Christopher B. Kent Award for Scientific Excellence (Chiropractic Leadership Alliance)
After using his academic scholarship to complete his pre-chiropractic undergraduate studies, Dr. Kirk Eriksen received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life College School of Chiropractic. He has also completed a 120-hour certification in physical therapy/rehabilitation.
In 1994 Dr. Eriksen received Board certification from the Society of Chiropractic Orthospinology, after passing stringent tests in X-ray proficiency and spinal correction. He has also attained Certification in Chiropractic Spinal Trauma (CCST). This year-long postgraduate certification involved advanced course-work in spinal trauma, neurology, radiology, injury mechanism physics, case management and med-legal aspects.
Published Research / Papers / Books
- Eriksen K, Rochester RP, Hurwitz EL. Symptomatic reactions, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction associated with upper cervical chiropractic care: a prospective, multicenter, cohort study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord, 2011; 12:219.
- Eriksen K. Lead foil compensating filters and their impact on reducing radiation exposure for cervical spine x-rays. J Vertebral Subluxation Res, April 1, 2007:1-9.
- Eriksen K, Rochester RP. Orthospinology Procedures: An Evidence-Based Approach to Spinal Care. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007.
- Eriksen K. Long-standing axis odontoid fracture in patient presenting with acute low back pain. Clin Chiropr, 2005; 8(2):81-92.
- Eriksen K. Upper Cervical Subluxation Complex: A Review of the Chiropractic and Medical Literature. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004.
- Eriksen K. Management of cervical disc herniation with upper cervical chiropractic care. J Manipulative Physiol Ther, 1998; 21(1):51-6.
- Eriksen K, Owens EF. Upper cervical post x-ray correction and its relationship to symptomatic improvement and spinal stability. Chiropr Res J, 1997; 4(1):10-7.
- Eriksen K. Correction of juvenile idiopathic scoliosis after primary upper cervical chiropractic care: a case study. Chiropr Res J, 1996; 3(3):25-33.
- Eriksen K. Comparison between upper cervical x-ray listings and technique analyses utilizing a computerized database. Chiropr Res J, 1996; 3 (2):13-24.
- Eriksen K. Effects of upper cervical correction on chronic constipation. Chiropr Res J, 1994; 3(1):19-22.
|Technique / Patient Care||980|
|Practice and Risk Management||477|
|Spinal Trauma / Med-Legal||322|
Eriksen Chiropractic Laser Center
2500 Flowers Chapel Rd
Dothan, AL 36305