Advisory Board Member
Cecil Laney, D.C.
Life University Involvement
- Member of Life University Board of Friends
- Served as advisor to President Dr. Sid E. Williams
- Member of Life University extended faculty
- Worked on various problems in the Life Research Department
- Currently teaching certain faculty members the functions of the Torque Specific Cervical Instrument
- Honored at 1999 Life Homecoming as an Early Chiropractic Pioneer and among the ones who were arrested for practicing Chiropractic
Other Professional Highlights
- Member of the International Chiropractic Association and the Alabama State Chiropractic Association
- Served one term as I.C.A. Assemblyman from Alabama
- Served one term as the Alabama State Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Was elected Chiropractor of the Year in 1975 by the Alabama State Chiropractic Association.
- Started researching instrument cervical adjusting in 1954
- Created the "single axis method" which permits the use of instruments to deliver force down the Grostic vector
- Invented the hand-held, solenoid powered cervical adjusting instrument and shipped them to over 40 states and a few foreign countries
- Built a table-mounted cervical adjusting instrument with stylus rotating torque
- Built a hand-held adjuster with a leveraged action , creating "torque equivalent"
- Most recently, built a new table-mounted adjuster, "The Torque Cervical Instrument", and gave Life University all rights to it
Professional Financial Endeavors
- Member of the "Inner Golden Circle" of contributors to Life University
- Was the top financial contributor to Life University in 1998
- Established a "Cecil D. Laney Endowment Fund" for Life University that is expected to grow to a multi-million dollar fund for the Chiropractic profession
- A major contributor to Louella Harris's National Awareness Campaign for Upper Cervical Care
- Have in the past donated to the National Upper Cervical Research Association (NUCCRA)
2424 Herodian Way
Smyrna, Ga 30080